Making sure that we can all vote, and vote safely this year is critical. Write in Absentee Ballot Requests for the November 2020 Election can be requested now.
You can write your own application and it need not be in any particular format, but it must contain all of the following information:
- List your;
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Full registration address including county
- Mailing address if different from your registration address
- One of these: Ohio driver’s license number, last four digits of your Social Security number or include a copy of an acceptable ID
- Phone number (optional but suggested)
- Email Address (optional but suggested)
- Write: “I am a qualified elector and I’m requesting an absentee ballot for the 11/3/2020 Ohio General election”
- Sign and Date
Mail in or drop off your application at your county board of elections. If dropping off there is a designated box outside all locations.
Find your County Board of Elections:
Track your ballot:
Online Voter Registration
October 5, 2020 for the November 3, 2020 General Election
- Ohio driver’s license or Ohio identification card number
- Date of Birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
If you do not have any portion of the required information, follow this link to update your voting address using our paper form (PDF). Once you complete this form, you must sign and send it to your county board of elections.
Requesting an absentee ballot for November
Absentee Ballot request form English:
Absentee Ballot request form Spanish:
Return your voted ballot. You can send it by U.S. Mail or deliver it in person to your county board of elections, but the return envelope containing your marked ballot must either be received by your county board of elections prior to the close of the polls on Election Day, or postmarked no later than the day before the election and received by the board of elections no later than 10 days after the election.
Track your ballot: